The 2018 finalist for ‘Best Places to Work in Colorado’ is looking for technicians to join one of our newest dealerships – Schomp Hyundai.
Schomp technicians provide the highest level of service on vehicles entrusted to us by our clients and delivering a great experience for everyone that works for and with Schomp Automotive.
As a Hyundai Technician you will...
* Effectively manage a high volume of work
* Be able to adapt to a fast-paced, productive and dynamic shop
* Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership
* Test-drive vehicles, test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
* Diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
* Communicate directly with the Service Adviser so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed.
* Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs
* Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
* Any other tasks required of you by your managerQualifications:
* Ability to work non-traditional hours to support customer needs
* Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and as needed to ensure completion of customer resolutions
* Valid driver’s license to be insurable by Schomp’s insurance
* Desire to continue education * Must be legally and technically able to safely operate Schomp and customer-owned vehicles
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize important activities
* Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
* Demonstrate resourcefulness, energy, and endurance
* Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
* Attention to detail and follow through
* Exceptional time management Why Schomp?
* Our employees come first * Customers have a great experience if they work with employees that love their work.
* Upward mobility* We promote from within.
Employees have the opportunity to apply and interview for open job positions that match their abilities and resume.
* Employee Discounts* Employees are eligible for discounts on vehicles, parts, and service through the seven manufacturers we represent.
* Benefits* Medical, Dental + Vision coverage
* 401k with a company match * Paid vacation
* Employee Assistance Program with free counseling sessions
Will primarily work in an automotive shop environment.
Workspace is covered but may involve various weather conditions such as heat and cold as well as safety hazards due to the nature of work.
May experience loud noise on a regular basis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ADA accommodation will be made to support applicants with the process.
Contact HRteam@schomp.com for support. * Medium/Heavy Work---Will lift over 50 pounds with assistance device required and/or frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to or over 35 pounds with assistance device available as needed.
* This position will require the employee to be standing for prolonged periods of time
* This position requires the ability to push, pull, climb, stoop, kneel, reach, grasp, and walk on a regular basis
* This position involves repetitive motion
Expected Hours of Work * This is a full-time position
* Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
EEO Statement Schomp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Schomp is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees.
All employment decisions at Schomp are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Schomp will not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Location/Region: Aurora, CO (80010)