Do you have what it takes to join the best private duty home care organization in Hawaii?
We are hiring reliable, positive, conscientious, compassionate and capable professionals to join us in our commitment to providing the best possible care to clients in their own homes.
We consistently strive together to provide the best possible experience for our clients.
We aim to ease burdens and bring joy to our clients and their families through our safety- and quality-minded, but heart-driven care.
If you are looking for a purpose-driven organization to share your talents with, come work for BrightStar Care of Honolulu, a Joint Commission Accredited, independently owned and operated, kama'aina owned company with the support of a prestigious national organization, looking to add inspired team members that share core values such as positivity and serving with a passion.
The Office Coordinator will join our dedicated team to provide an extraordinary BrightStar Care of Honolulu experience for our employees, clients and all who come into contact with our organization.
As Office Coordinator, you will earn and support all areas of our private duty and skilled nursing business, including administrative support for accounts receivable, clinical and scheduling.
Position Responsibilities: * Answer telephone calls, assisting clients, prospects, applicants and employees; or taking messages as appropriate
* Communicate by telephone, email and/or mail, with clients, employees and third parties
* Data entry of patient and employee/payroll information
* Conduct interviews with direct care candidates
* Creation, maintenance and closing of client and employee files
* Employee and client file audits * Follow-up with appropriate parties to obtain missing credentials or other documents to ensure compliance
* Communicate with appropriate department managers regarding outstanding items or issues
* Copy, scan, and upload records, policies and other pertinent documents and distribute copies as directed
* Process incoming/outgoing mail and faxes as needed.
* Typing, filing, data entry and transcription
* Incident tracking & report compilation
* Care note tracking and follow-up with direct care staff, reporting issues to management
* Preparation of client and employee presentation documents or other materials
* Cross-train to provide support and back-up coverage for Scheduling Coordinator and other departments as needed
* Document policies, procedures and processes
* Supports and uses all technology tools and resources to ensure proper business processes (ABS2, Applicant Tracking System, Learning Management System, BrightConnect (Intranet).
* Ensure education and compliance of all HIPAA regulations and requirements.
* Ensure file maintenance and security standards are consistently practiced and enforced to protect employee and client records.
* Other duties as assigned Benefits
* Dedication to the Hoku'alohi Promise "We promise to provide the kind of care we would want for our own loved ones; to be compassionate, empathic, patient & kind, while providing reliable, trustworthy and top-notch, professional home care.
* Weekly pay * Free Direct Deposit
* Mobile Service & Banking Discounts
* Extensive free continuing education & development opportunities
* Paid Time Off (for eligible employees)
* 100% Employer Paid Medical, Prescription, Vision & Dental Insurance - including chiropractic, acupuncture & massage (for eligible employees)
* Employee Assistance Program (for eligible employees)
* Company-sponsored wellness events * Health & wellness discounts (for eligible employees)
* Employer-Paid BLS Training/Certification
* 24/7 Access to Local Support * Electronic Documentation & Mobile/GPS based time & attendance
* Employee Recognition & Fun Events
* Culture of respect and gratitude * One to one patient care - opportunity to do your best work and truly shine!
* Commitment to providing the best possible, high quality care
* Commitment to helping you succeed! * Joint Commission Accredited Organization
Education/Certification Requirements: * High School Diploma or equivalent
Skills/Qualifications Requirements: * A desire to do work with purpose
* Integrity and work ethic * Maturity and a positive attitude
* A sense of humor * Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills * Accuracy and attention to detail
* Accountability and ownership of mistakes
* A desire to learn and grow * Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Proficient in MSOffice (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Travel Requirements: * Limited travel as needed for various sales, marketing, and client care service needs.
* Up to 20% or as directed based on the needs of the business and attending job required training and conferences.
Work Environment: * Office Environment: high-paced office/branch environment; continuous phone use/ringing; talking; various noise levels; interactions with employees and clients; sitting and standing for long periods of time; bending and stooping required; lifting up to 10 lbs.
regularly and up to 50+ lbs. may be required; using a computer for extended periods: typing, staring at a bright monitor or TV screen; using fingers, wrists, and arms; stress on back may occur; possible exposure to prescription drugs, bodily fluids, small appliances for cooking, cooling, and heating foods or securely storing medications.
Location/Region: Honolulu, HI (96817)