Do you want to make a meaningful difference?
Do the work you love in a place you love?
If you are interested in this position please visit
Dental Assistant-Full Time-Durango, CO
Axis Health System is a private, nonprofit healthcare organization established in 1960, providing healthcare to residents of Montezuma, La Plata, Archuleta, Dolores, and San Juan counties. Axis Health System provides the care people need when they need it.
If you are a dedicated professional who aspires to be part of an innovative culture and is interested in mission-driven healthcare, Axis Health System is a great fit for you.
The dental assistant works as a member of the multi-disciplinary oral health care team with responsibility for patient exam and procedure preparation and assisting within the scope of practice of a dental assistant.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Completion of a dental assistant training program is strongly preferred.
- Previous work experience as a dental assistant in a public or community health setting is strongly preferred.
- Annual Flu immunization by Nov 1, annual TB screening, current CPI training, and BLS certification required.
- Considerable knowledge and skill obtained through experience and/or training to be able to provide appropriate care to all clinic patients.
- Advanced knowledge of dental record-keeping practices including documentation in an electronic health/dental record.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment, to recognize problems outside of this role and refer appropriately.
- Knowledge of dental and medical terminology
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in an ever-changing environment while maintaining a calm, professional environment
- Physical capability to interact with others and perform mobility requirements of the position.
- Must recognize the confidential nature of the work and meet professional confidentiality standards.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a professional and friendly manner via email, phone and in person.
- Proficient in the use of basic office equipment including computer, fax, and copier.
- Ability to follow established universal precautions and report potential exposure to a communicable disease immediately