Join the Presbyterian Health Plan Population Health team in Farmington, New Mexico!
We’re hiring a Community Health Worker – Care Coordinator I in Farmington, NM. This fast-paced community health worker position will coordinate and monitor strategies for members and families to improve health and social outcomes. This position will also represent Presbyterian in the community and at events.
- Assesses members to identify gaps in care and necessary community resource linkages needed to address gaps in care.
- Implements, coordinates, and monitors strategies for members and families to improve health and social outcomes.
- Develops, documents, and implements a plan which provides appropriate resources to address social, physical, mental, emotional and supportive needs of members that require assistance.
- Acts as advocate for members’ care needs by identifying and addressing gaps in care.
- Performs ongoing monitoring of the plan of care to evaluate effectiveness.
- Maintains professional relationship with internal and external stakeholders, such as inpatient, outpatient and community resources.
- Collaborates with Care Coordination and Interdisciplinary Care Plan team.
- Understanding of area community resources/agencies
- Coordinates the transition of care for plan members by collaborating with Care Coordinators, providers when needed.
- Advises management of possible trends in inappropriate under and/or over utilization, and other quality of care issues.
- Support Clinical Operations work with an interdisciplinary team of triage nurses, transition of care nurses, care coordinators, health coaches, medical directors, providers and others.
- Meets departmental and/or regulatory turnaround times while maintaining productivity and quality standards.
- Facilitates a team approach to the coordination and cost effective delivery to quality care and services.
- Educates providers, colleagues, members and families regarding the community health worker role and the strategies with a focus on a member-focused approach to care.
- Utilizes motivational interviewing and other techniques to engage members in services and to foster self-management skills.
- Conducts face to face home visits, as required
- Assist with development and implementation of the care plan as indicated
- Performs other functions as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2+ years relevant work experience in the healthcare field required; managed care experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver license, clean driving record, and able to travel locally.
- Certification as a Community Health Worker preferred.
Benefits: Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.
Location/Region: Farmington, NM (87401)