Welspun is the largest home textiles supplier in the world. With offices in New York, New York, Bentonville, Arkansas, Grove City, Ohio, and Seattle, Washington, Welspun distributes home textiles to most major home retailers.
We are seeking an energetic, highly motivated Soft Surface Associate Carpet Designer to be responsible for assisting in interpreting and executing the trend, design and creative direction of Welspun Flooring product markets. This position will be located in Dalton, GA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedules may be subject to change in order to meet company needs and business requirements. Duties include:
- Assist with showroom ideation and execution, in conjunction with the Design and Marketing teams, under guidance of Head of Design and Design Director.
- Assist Design Director and Head of Design with setting the trend, design, and creative direction of all projects assigned
- Create conceptual and market appropriate original soft surface and embellished designs under guidance of Design Director
- Collaborate with Welspun team to assist with building constructions and patterns to pricing criteria
- Assist with design and development of carpet, modular carpet tiles, hospitality products, as well as other products as assigned.
- Create original artwork through CAD and hand-painting/drawing as directed.
- Create tech packs / specs per design direction given.
- Prepare development and production packages for overseas offices and vendors, including artwork files, color standards, and technical information.
- Review factory color and print submits, as well as vendor needs and print customs, under guidance of Design Director.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining design department digital libraries, archive records and swatches, color standard systems, vendor reference swatches, and artwork collection.
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field
- 5 - 10 years of experience with Carpet Flooring Design
- Must have expertise in CAD Design, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Desired experience with NedGraphics or APSO.
- Must be fully proficient in CAD skills including indexing and color separating artwork, and creating repeats in a manner that is technically production ready.
- Must be proficient in either MAC or PC environment
- Must have machine tufted experience.
****Candidates must submit a link to their online portfolio of recent work in order to be considered. ****
Apply by sending your resume and link to your portfolio to email@example.com.
Location/Region: Dalton, GA