A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Quality Engineering Technician II is accountable for accurate and
timely processing of quality/manufacturing data, metrics and
analysis to support REMS business requirements for quality
performance and continuous improvement. Support hardware conformance
including First Article Inspection (FAI) and internal/external
Essential Functions and Duties:
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Work with groups with limited quality management support to
drive improvement of quality metrics and performance.
Utilize trending quality tools with various data sources to
determine root causes of quality issues and assist organization
implementation of corrective actions.
- Able to work with limited support from quality management and
will be required to verify conformance to program specifications
and drawings, including AS9102 FAI generation.
- Operate mechanical measurement tools such as caliper,
micrometers, tool gages, video microscopes and measuring
microscopes, etc; ability to use XRF-X-Ray imaging equipment.
Conduct incoming mechanical inspection and processing of
non-classified and classified devices in accordance with
Security procedures and safety precautions.
- Identifying and leveraging opportunities to improve quality
management processes, systems and standards.
- Understanding of customer requirements as it relates to
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high
expectations, significantly diverse assignments,
collaborative/team settings across all levels
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as
well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET
team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Distinguishing Characteristics:
- Performs work of low to high complexity; using judgment within
defined and established policies, procedures and standards while
maintaining the spirit of excellence.
- Willingness to acquire knowledge to solve quality related
- Able to work independently, self-directed and
- Sound organizational and planning skills with solid attention
- Effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- High School diploma or General Education
- Two (2) + years of related experience in quality assurance
analysis within a manufacturing environment or related work in a
manufacturing Failure Analysis environment. Must be detailed
oriented with good manual dexterity with familiarity of Shop
Order Travelers and use of computer management information
- Experience with complete and accurate entry of records on
forms and in computer management information systems to support
all quality information and process requirements.
- Experienced in running trending data and metric’s to support
site and organizational goals. Issues and maintains Key Process
Indicators (KPI) type metrics as assigned and documents and
tracks actions plans for accountability involving databases,
spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Support internal audits, participate in AS9100 audits and
identify and communicate actions plans to resolve audit
opportunities and support AS9102.
- Quality skills: ability to visually inspect product to
workmanship standards; High attention to detail; customer
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and
decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw
and interpret bar graphs; basic algebra, geometry and
trigonometry functions, preferred; ability to read blue
- Good communication skills.
- Computer skills: working knowledge of MS Office, including
Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel; ability to read
blue prints; exposure to Enterprise-wide ERP, a plus. Ability to
formulate control, pareto and flowcharts, fishbone diagrams,
trend analysis formats, graphs and charts.
- Be organized and maintain good time management skills
- US Citizen
- Associates or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or any
Quality Control or Assurance related field preferred.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Location/Region: San Diego, CA