Job DescriptionAre you passionate about making a difference in your community?
Terracon is growing and we are hiring a Construction Materials Department Manager in our Colorado Springs, CO office! Our Colorado Springs office works on exciting projects including bridges and highways, and airports. We are currently working on the United States Olympic Museum. This position is for a highly motivated professional who will be responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating construction materials specific work, as well as managing a team of project managers and materials technicians for projects varying in size and complexity. The successful candidate will be experienced in all phases of construction materials testing and previous leadership and management experience. This position requires numerous business development efforts including client development meetings, proposals, reports to support existing clients and project portfolios that serve to expand our service offerings.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has close to 4,800 employees in 148 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace. Terracon is currently ranked at #30 on the list of the Top 200 engineering firms in the U.S.
If your passion lies in working on projects that help your community, and if you're interested in belonging to an employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of proposals and cost estimates in collaboration with managers of other Terracon services lines.
- With support from the Office Manager perform business and client development activities.
- With support from the Office Manager develop and manage employee staffing plans, recruitment, selection and on-boarding.
- With support from the Office Manager prepare and execute annual business plan for the department.
- With support from the Office Manager oversee and manage the success of the key department metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the firm. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practiced by the Firm including Engineering, Construction Engineering Management, or Geology and 5 years’ practice experience. In lieu of a B.S. degree candidate should possess a minimum of 3 years of field experience coupled with 5 years project management experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Ability to travel out of town between 10% of the normal work week.
- Possess strong writing & MS Office suite skills.
- Certification or licensure in field of expertise, P.E. preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (preferred).
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Colorado Springs, CO