EBSCO Health is part of EBSCO Information Services (EIS), a division of EBSCO Industries Inc. EIS provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow.
Vice President of Business Development, Clinical Decision Support
The Vice President of Business Development, Clinical Decision Support (CDS) reports to the Senior Vice President of Medical Product Management. He/she is a key stakeholder for the management of business development activities and product development for the CDS products, including market competitiveness, pricing, distribution and channel strategy. The Vice President of Business development, CDS will help drive the achievement and revenue growth of EBSCO Health’s CDS products.
- Build out a business development plan for Clinical Decision Support plan in first three months of employment
- Be a role model for the company culture
- Interact with top 200 health care institutions, strengthening and existing relationships and developing new relations with key decision makers
- Work closely with the SVP of Sales Management to establish a target list of prospects and work with sales team to assist them in their closing of new sales to top health care institutions
- Work closely with the VP of Product Management on market feedback to improve overall solution
- Work closely with Marketing to develop and establish an effective marketing strategy
- Work closely with the SVP Finance/Business Development and Strategy group
- Develop and implement strategies for expanding the CDS market
- Manage overall business development process, set appropriate metrics for global expectations
- Develop pricing policies, and terms and conditions for high-profile customers and channel partners
- Assist in the development of idea for new products, partnerships, and acquisition candidates
- 7+ years of sales and/or business development experience in healthcare, with 3 years in a senior management position
- 3+ years of evaluation and implementation of health information technology
- Proven sales or business development track record
- Excellent understanding of CDS market landscape and competition, including but not limited to clinical workflow, informatics, quality, policy and ROI
- Exensive experience with electronic health record management and quality improvement highly desired
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team-oriented environment
- Capacity to assume more significant executive responsibilities over time
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Established relationships and work with potential customers and channel partners and partner with sales management
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA